If you know me, pizza is my weakness. I can eat it, well enough to make my arteries hate me. It’s something our family can agree on at dinner time. The price at some local establishments holds us back, I mean take-out pizza is supposed to be affordable right?! Domino’s Pizza opened in our town within the last few years and we were very loyal to a few other pizza parlors, so we hadn’t gotten around to eating there until just recently. A lot has changed in those few years!
50 years in the business, Domino’s is new and improved and beating the competition hands down! (as of 2/02/2010)
Not only have they proven that it’s better than their old pizza, but have now bested the competition, too – winning against Papa John’s and Pizza Hut in a national taste test of hand-tossed pepperoni pizza, sausage pizza and extra-cheese pizza.
Below is a round up of the fabulous new recipe which still comes at an incredible price…
* Crust – A garlic seasoned crust with parsley baked to a golden brown
* Sauce – Sweeter, bolder tomato sauce with a medley of herbs and a red pepper kick
* Cheese – Shredded cheese made with 100% real mozzarella and flavored with just a hint of provolone
In addition to the great pizza, Domino’s also carries…
* Oven Baked Sandwiches, available in eight delicious varieties
* Domino’s American Legends, a line of premium specialty pizzas
* Breadbowl Pasta, five varieties of pasta baked into a seasoned bread bowl
* Dessert!! Chocolate Lava Crunch Cakes, oven-baked chocolate cakes, crunchy on the outside, with warm flowing chocolate fudge inside
If it couldn’t get any easier to pick up the phone and order, Domino’s is high tech with it’s Pizza Tracker system of online (mobile smart phone) ordering! Place your order via the web and watch every step of the pizza making/delivery process before your eyes in real time. It was just minutes after I saw that our delivery driver left the building before he rang our doorbell. It’s actually incredible!
Our Take: Delicious! The pizza came piping hot, made my mouth water and looked so good! The anticipation after watching the Pizza Tracker proved to be worth it. Everyone tried a piece and we give it 4 out of 5 set of thumbs up. The cheese/sauce/topping ratios were perfect and the new crust was a pleasure to my taste buds with it’s garlic overtones. This was the only thing my 11-year old balked at, claiming it was too ‘herby.’ I chalk that up to not having a seasoned palate and being my pickiest eater. We had only 2 slices leftover at lunch, which after refrigeration make a great cold snack! I’m looking forward to our next Domino’s pizza, that is for sure!
I received a complimentary pizza to facilitate this review. The opinions were our tried-and-true experience and were not influenced by any source. I was not monetarily compensated in any way