Flying from California to certain parts of Mexico is not a quick trip. Most airline flights we researched were 7 hours minimum with layovers and I hated wasting half a day traveling. We looked at dozens and dozens of options before we settled on flying JetBlue Airways, here are our top 6 reasons we flew JetBlue Airways to Cancun!
1. One remedy to wasting a day in the air is red-eye flights! You start your flight later in the evening and fly over night getting to your destination early and with more time to enjoy your vacation. JetBlue Airways is one airline that offers red-eye flights out of my home airport in San Jose, California and offers some nice perks to go along with it like earplugs and sleep masks at no extra charge! So instead of 5pm or later, we arrived in Cancun at noon!
2. Every seat gets a personal TV! Many airlines offer one movie on long flights for everyone to watch, music channels to listen to, or you can rent tv/movie players for an extra cost. On JetBlue you have your own TV with armrest remote for 36 channels of DirecTV at your fingertips, newly released movies (flights over 2 hours), and 100 Sirius XM radio stations included with your ticket price!
3. Snack variety is available on JetBlue outside traditional peanuts, thank goodness! I am more a cookie person than a peanut person! You can choose from the following items for free along with other snack boxes for a small fee:
- PopCorners® Popcorn Chips
- Terra® Blues Potato Chips
- Linden’s® Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stauffer’s® Animal Crackers
- King’s® Fancy Nut Mix
- DORITOS® Tortilla Chips
4. Boarding according to seat number doesn’t seem like a big deal, but when you get to choose your own seats like we usually do when we book, knowing that our back of the plane seats will board first (after Even More Space occupants) is a bonus!
5. First checked bag free is HUGE for me. If you know me, you know I hate doing carryons because I don’t want to document all my toiletries in one zip baggie. I like to be semi-hands free in the waiting area and boarding, so if at all possible I like checking my baggage and not worrying about it. A savings of $25-30 a bag is big when I travel, thanks to JetBlue!
6. Even More Space is a luxury seat you can purchase at a small extra cost but is SO worth it! This trip we had a seating snafu and got complimentary Even More Space seats on our return flights from Cancun and that 38″ of legroom was a blessing to my husband. He’s not super tall at 5’10” but when you want to rest in the plane for over 8 hours, you enjoy more room. Plus, since it’s a perk, you may not have someone next to you and they you get MORE Even More Space!
And, although this doesn’t apply to me, you may travel with small cats and dogs on JetBlue for an added fee. This cutie sat behind us for a 6 hour flight and hardly made a peep, well I did have on head phones!
To find out more, visit http://www.jetblue.com/.
Tell me one of your favorite airline perks that makes you fly them again and again!
I received a media discount on my airfare, all opinions are 100% mine.