Here in Northern California, we’re in the heart of the world of technology with Silicon Valley at the epicenter. STEM learning experiences are prime and children who get a leg up at a young age have such a bright future ahead of them. Currently my 11 year old is taking a gifted and talented (GATE) course after school a few times a month and one week her topic was coding and she loved it! Our kids have technology in their hands almost daily between their personal electronics and school opportunities, why not take it one step further? iD Tech offers summer camps in California immersing children ages 6-18 into the world of computer science, learning to code apps, design video games, mod Minecraft, engineer robots, build websites, and more.
During weeklong sessions, most held at top California colleges and universities, students create an impressive project, and build skills that last long after summer. From dress-up days, raffles, and outdoor activities, to gaming tournaments, music video parodies, and pie-your-instructor Fridays, this fun camp culture takes the pressure off so students can get to what matters–building a passion for tech.
Did you know that by 2018 there will be roughly 1,148,000 unfilled STEM jobs in California alone, 78,756 of which involve computer science? The demand for in-state programmers is growing at 4.1 times the state average, yet less than 5,200 students graduate with degrees in computer science each year.
STEM education landscape in California:
- In CA, computer science counts for either math or science credit—yet only 311 schools teach computer science.
- California is one of 25 states where computer science counts toward high school graduation.
- CA features numerous colleges and universities with renowned STEM programs: Caltech, Stanford, San Jose State, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCLA, and many more. To encourage higher learning, iD Tech summer programs are held at many of these campuses.
- Looking for a fun, STEM-related outing in CA? Visit the Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose, the state’s most popular STEM-centric museum, embodying the “Spirit of Silicon Valley.”
- California is home to Silicon Valley, a global hotspot for technology and innovation, which houses big-name, industry leaders like Apple, eBay, Facebook, Cisco, Google, Intel, HP, LinkedIn, Netflix, Pandora, Oracle, Microsoft, Twitter, Tesla, Yahoo, Zynga, and many more. The exciting career opportunities are boundless! iD Tech is also headquartered in Silicon Valley.
Sign up now and receive a $75 discount toward registration with the code: APR2017
With an 8 to 1 ratio of students to instructors, an all girls summer camp program option (Alexa Cafe), and brand new, real-world curriculum and professional software from Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, and other industry leaders, take a look at the iD Tech for your child this summer! To learn more or check out the camps and courses offered, visit https://www.idtech.com/courses/.
This is a partnered post with iD Tech.