Living south of San Jose has it’s perks. The drive isn’t too bad, there is plenty to do for entertainment, and the dining options are plenty compared to our small little town. A new place we’ve checked out recently is San Pedro Square Market, in the heart of downtown San Jose, there are so many great places to eat, drink, and have fun!
Upon first approach and walking in the doors, I had deja vu. Last summer we spent some time in New York City and visited the infamous Chelsea Market, the marketplace here resembles a mini version of that spot in the city! Strolling about you’ll find farmer’s market goods, wood-fired pizza, coffee, ice cream, kitchen products and clothing, and entertainment a few nights a week! The market is basically a one-stop shop and is a great place for date night. Here are 10 reasons why:
1. FOOD Whatever you are craving, it’s there! Pizza, falafel, pork belly, fish and chips, gourmet sandwiches, salads, Vietnamese food, crepes, sushi, oysters, cheese, tacos, hot dogs, soup, burgers, noodles, pastries, and even more coming in the next few months! Something for everyone!
3. TVs Inside and out, if there’s a game on you can indulge your partner while you eat, but then pull him away from it! Or not if you are a sports fan too!
4. VINO VINO My favorite of all the places, where we wined and dined with my brother and his girlfriend. The salads were amazing as were the panini sandwiches, and you must order the charcuterie plate as an appetizer! Even more unique is that they display their wine on tap! I love that they had some wine from our little small town 45 miles south and their granite table tops are stylish with the contrasting metal decor. And, the little things like a purse hanger make me smile!
5. VALIDATED PARKING Any of the vendors in the market can validate your parking slip from the garage directly across the street to save you some money for dessert!
6. TREATBOT I have never eaten from a food truck before and I know they are so wildly popular in many places, so I was so excited when I saw an ice cream truck INSIDE the San Pedro Square! My favorite chocolate mousse flavor was on the menu and it did not disappoint. I’m still dreaming about it a few weeks later.
7. LOTS OF PLACES TO SIT Pick up your food from any vendor and take it to the many different parts of the 3 buildings to enjoy it. If you head into the building with B2 Coffee, you’ll find booths and tables, more of the same by the Bar and pizza spot. Comfy padded booths by Blush, and more tables and chairs by Treatbot. Every spot is a good one for people watching!
9. COOL SHOPS Check out Showroom for neat items from local brands and artists and unique accessories. Ay Dios Mio is a vibrantly painted shop hosting unique products for the kitchen, that reflect iconic images of the Mexican culture. Maybe they aren’t things you’d normally buy, but unique enough to want to peruse!
10. ENTERTAINMENT Whether you want to just text eachother from across the booth with their free wi-fi, test your brain with Monday Night Trivia, or hang out for jazz Music in the Market every Friday night, your date night is complete at San Pedro Square Market!
I cannot wait to go back. My brother and his girlfriend live 3 blocks from the area and this is going to be our go-to spot with them as well as for a night cap after the many events we frequent at the nearby HP Pavilion each year!
I was given $50 to spend at San Pedro Square Market. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are my own.