Travelers from around the world are looking to escape the cold winter and are dreaming of spring. Cancun is the ideal destination for spring travel, I’ve been twice in the past few years and it’s really a gorgeous spot to explore. As Mexico’s No. 1 tourist destination, Cancun is known all over the world for its spectacular beaches, unique beauty, breathtaking turquoise waters, and colorful culture. With destinations like Puerto Morelos and the islands of the Mexican Caribbean which comprise of: Isla Mujeres, Holbox and Contoy, Cancun is a multi-faceted destination that combines the very best in luxury, nature, Mayan culture, glamour and world-class amenities with seductive adventure offerings and an up-and-coming gastronomy scene.
Easter holidays and the Cancun Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival are helping draw an older, family-oriented and diverse crowd to Cancun and the Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) wants to help travelers from all walks of life with varying interests to experience paradise by taking advantage of surprising excursions, thrilling activities and unmatched experiences. Pack your bags this year and elevate a traditional spring break vacation to the trip of a lifetime.
- Visit and climb Coba, the tallest Mayan pyramid in the Yucatan with Alltournative.
- Explore Tulum, the only seaside Mayan archeological site.
- Visit the Cancun Maya Museum.
- Enjoy the fun of Xoximilco Cancun, a replica of the Xochimilco neighborhood in Mexico City, featuring trajinera canal rides, local food, drink and live music from every region of Mexico.
- Pick your favorite Lamborghini or Ferrari and speed away at Exotic Rides.
- Zip line over the turquoise waters of Isla Mujeres in Garrafon Park.
- Swim with sailfish, the fastest fish in the world, in Cancun’s waters until June.
- Bungee jump into the Caribbean with Adventure Bay.
- Ride the waters of Cancun with JetSurf Mexico.
- Take a trip north to Isla Blanca and learn to kite board.
- Try the tasting menu at Le Chique at Azul Sensatori, the newest restaurant in Cancun to receive the coveted AAA Five Diamond award.
- Check out the underground wine cellar at Xcaret for a taste of some of Mexico’s best wines.
- Sample regional Yucatecan cuisine – a mix of Spanish, Mexican and indigenous cuisine – at La Habichuela.
- Visit Puerto Morelos, a local fishing village south of Cancun, for some of the freshest seafood and for a photo at their famous tilted lighthouse.
- Snorkel in the underground rivers of the Yucatan with Rio Secreto.
- Explore cenotes with Xenotes Oasis Maya.
- Explore the beauty and charm of Isla Mujeres – a 30 minute ferry ride from mainland Cancun.
- Explore Isla Holbox, part of the Yum-Balam Biosphere Reserve and home to hundreds of bird species.
With Cancun’s time zone change to Eastern Standard Time in effect since February 1, visitors can now enjoy one more hour of sunlight each day to experience as much of Cancun as possible and have a spring break to remember for years. So after reading about these fabulous ideas, warm up in Cancun this spring with activities for every traveler. Mark some adventures off your bucket list and visit http://cancun.travel/en/ to plan the perfect tropical vacation!