I have to be honest, our current vacuum cleaner is 17 years old. And, when we bought it, we were in college and it was from a swap meet!! So truly our old vacuum could be over 20 years old. That is a sad state. Luckily we found something to replace our antique vac and it’s truly amazing!
The new Platinum Collection Hoover Cordless Stick Vac provides the performance of an upright on hard floors* with cordless convenience. One touch brushroll activation, edge cleaning bristles, a low profile base, and a unique wide mouth opening for larger debris make cleaning easy. The Platinum Collection Stick Vac features a battery fuel gauge that shows remaining battery life.
- Windtunnel Technology™ and cyclonic filtration combine to outperform traditional corded uprights on hard floors.*
Fade Free Power
- Fade Free Power: Interchangeable 18 Volt Lithium Ion battery ensures the battery sustains power until it is completely drained.
- First cordless stick vacuum with Hoover’s patented WindTunnel Technology™, which utilizes 3 suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt on carpet.**
One Step Cleaning
- One-touch Brushroll activation makes easy transition from hard floors to carpets.
- Edge Cleaning Bristles allow for closer access to walls and corners.
- Low Profile Base and Extreme Recline Handle allow for easy access under furniture.
- Unique Wide Mouth Opening makes quick work of vacuuming cereal, pet food, etc.
- Stands like an upright. No leaning it on walls.
Battery Fuel Gauge
- Battery Fuel Gauge: Battery Level Indicator instantly registers remaining battery life.
Pros: Compared to our old 20lb Hoover, the Stick Vac is just over 7lbs which is easy enough for even our older kids to maneuver around the house! We love being able to go from room to room in a flash with out dealing with plugs and the cord! Half of our house is hardwood floor and the machine helps us take sweeping out of the equation of our daily cleaning. The sleek thin base can get under our recliner, chairs, and in tight areas easily and again the light weight makes maneuvering and cleaning easy and quick! Moving to the carpet, we put the switch on brush mode and it cleans like a large power vac. Cleanup is a snap and no dirty bags to purchase and change out, makes it much healthier for our allergy-prone household!
Cons: Battery life, once fully charged is shorter than I expected, but re-charging the battery is so easy I wouldn’t mind vacuuming the entire house in two stints. With 3 girls in the house all with long hair, we find that we need to untangle the hair from the filter and brush often.
You can find the Hoover Cordless Stick Vac from Hoover.com, or at Walmart, Best Buy, and Target for $179.00.